What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor I have emailed the results to you and put attention to doctor XXXXXXX XXXXXXX It doesn't look normal to me, please advice.Hi doctor XXXXXXX if you can do me a favour and ask ur husband he's a cardiologist my granny is a heart patient and she's got urine infection, what medicine can she take? She had valve replacement and she take warfarin for her blood.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lower thyroxine dose

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxxx.
My husband just came home.
Your granny should get a urine culture done and then take antibiotics.
In heart patients hit and try is not a good approach.
Usually we give nitrofurantoin tablet 100 mg twice a day for at least 7 days but in her case culture is must.
Your thyroid levels are extremely low and this you need to decrease your thyroxine dose to 25 micrograms. daily.
And get repeat test after 4 weeks.
All the best
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Ok I'm currently taking 75 micrograms? Is it a good thing that it's low?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No implication on disease process

Detailed Answer:
There is nothing like good or bad in this dear.
Thyroxine dosage is bound to get altered in pregnancy.
Usually the dose increases but it can decrease as well as in your case but of these phenomena have no implication on disease process and thus nothing to worry.
We need to manage just by cyclical TSH monitoring.
Decrease the dose to 25 micrograms and repeat test after 4 weeks.