What does my lab test report indicate?
We consulted a local doctor. He said that there’s mild throat infection and ears redness, its primarily a viral infection. In parallel, we got urine sample tested and attached are the reports. Please review and let us if there's anything concerning.
Antibiotic needs to be started
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
The report you have attached has Pus cells 6 to 8 cells which suggests infection, other things are normal.
Since, child has fever for 2 days and also there is mild throat infection antibiotic needs to be started.
In my opinion, you should give
- syrup crocin for fever
- cough syrup three times a day for 3 days
- antibiotic like cefixime should be started for 3 days.
Since, this is a prescription medicine, I advice you to meet the local doctor to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope this will help you.
We visited a local doctor on Wednesday, the 2nd March and he prescribed Pecef-100 for throat infection, its 5 days course completes on 6th, Sunday.
Also find attached the urine culture report.
Currently, there’s no fever, cold or any other symptoms.
Please advise based on culture report results.
Cefixime needs to be started
Hi, Welcome back to HCM.
I have seen the report, Klebsiella organism is not sensitive to cefpodoxime so it should be changed.
In the report, Klebsiella is sensitive to cefixime. So cefixime should be started and given for atleast 7 days, after which the blood culture should be repeated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report