What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 7 Nov 2015 in Lump
Question: WHEN LIFTING ANYTHING OVER 5LBS MY TESTICLES SWELL UP .. BEEN 2 URLOGIST AND DONE CT SCAN WITH CONTRAST AND A ULTRA SOUND ON TESTICLES AND NO HERNIAS SHOW UP THEY SAY EVERTHING LOOKS GOOD THIS ALL STARTED AFTER LIFTING CARPET ROLL 24 HRS LATER NEVER HAD ANY PAIN BEFORE AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO....BEEN 4 MONTHS PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU...

Both testicles swell almost a half hr and swell up bigger the heavier I lift taking 5 days to fell normal again with bed rest and ice and pain pills . please tell me if any surgery or type or testical removal will stop this.....THANK YOU XXXXXXX XXXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discuss the points I have given with your Surgeon to get diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

Noted your history of swelling of testicles within half an hour, swell up bigger if you lift heavier; takes 5 days to settle with bed rest, ice and pain pills; started 24 hours after lifting a carpet roll - going on for 4 months - been to 2 Urologist, done CECT, USG and no hernias show up and they say everything looks good.

My thoughts:
If there is swelling on lifting heavy things, there is a problem and has to be diagnosed and well treated.

I would like to know a few more things for me to assist you better:
Does it pain too?
Have got the consultations/examinations/ tests when there was a swelling?

My thoughts and advise:
The most probable diagnosis on the basis of the history you have given is:
This is a "complete or vaginal type" of indirect variety of inguinal hernia wherein the neck an/or the body connecting the peritoneal cavity to the fundus and which in your case is the tunica vaginalis covering the testis is very thin, opened due to strain of heavy lifting, allows only the peritoneal fluid to pass through.
The structure has very small diameter and acts like 'scent bottle neck' hence takes time to evacuate back into peritoneal cavity (days in your case).
- This is not easy to diagnosed on clinical or by any CT or USG.
It is the strong clinical suspicion, examination done during the swelling stage by transillumination test and/or Ultrasonography (USG) can diagnosed; once diagnosed can be corrected by surgery.

Another possible cause can be varicocele, but it should not take so much time to reduce. Reduction is almost instant the moment the straining force is gone.

Please discuss this with your Doctor- Best way is to take another opinion of a Urosurgeon (Urologist) or a General Surgeon, discuss with him so that you get the correct diagnosis and treatment (Surgery).

I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 9 hours later
WHEN MY TESTICLES ARE SWELLEN THERES LOTS OF PAIN WHEN I DONT LIFT AND SWELLING GOES DOWN THERE IS NO PAIN FEEL NORMAL DOESNT HURT HAVING SEX DONT HURT. NO BLOOD WHEN URINATE NO DISCHARGE . YES WHEN TESTICLES ARE SWELLEN HAD A ULTRA SOUND ONLY THING THEY FOUND ON ULTR SOUND WAS BABY SIS.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Post the reports please.

Detailed Answer:
Please post the report of the ultrasonography for me to understand more.