What does my kidney ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Nov 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: in ultrasound recently taken my right kidney measures 10.3*4.6 cm and left kidney 10.8*4.7cm with comments that grade one rpd changes and cmd of both kidneynes good-with serum creatine 1.3 mg/dl.
iam non diabetic and not BP patient.in urine routine test results arenormal.

previous i have bph with 36cc-psa leves 0.82-aged 52 yrs.

i need your comment
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

RPD changes means that there could be some kind of obstruction to the kidneys. Most often it will be a renal stone, not all renal stones are visible on the ultrasound. I recommend that you get a CT KUB done for the same. It will give a better picture of the urinary system.
Raised serum creatinine is because of the RPD itself and it is not alarming at the moment. Please approach a urologist as soon as possible.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 days later
Sir

is this rpd changes are reversible.except that scanning abnormality i does not have any kind of symptoms.

in the blood report only comment is neutrophilis are 83.30% it seems to be more.

thanks for your response
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually reversible

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back, I am sorry for the short delay in my reply it was a very long day at work

RPD changes are reversible and once the cause is found and removed it goes back to normal in most cases without any long term issues. It is important that you get evaluated early before its too late. Please get the investigations I have asked for in my previous post without delay

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
thank you sir

i approached local urologist.he asked for again fresh report of serum creatine and
abdominal scan.

iam extreamly unhappy with local medical system.

the following is summary of my secondary report

1.left kidney has 4mm calculus-remaing all recording kidney is excellent.
2. serum creatine drammatically reduced to 0.7 mg/dl.
blood uria-23 mg/dl,serum uric acid 6.3 mg/dl.

just now i received reports.i need to consult urologist by evening.

hoping just i have only kidney stone
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Good news

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back. What made you unhappy about the medical system? Its good news that serum creat is better. If the calculus is not causing any hyronephrosis then there is no need to intervene unless you are in pain. This small stone might just pass off through the urine

Please keep me updated on what the urologist had to say and please scan the report/take a picture and attach it if you can

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T