What does my kidney function test report indicate?

Excellent

Nephrologist
Question
I have assay for kidney function in blood sample as follow :
CREATININE (ENZYMATIC) = 1.35 mg/dL
UREA = 25 mg/dl
GLYCOSYLATED HEMOGLOBIN (HBA1C) (COBAS) = 4.73864 %

What is the standard range as international reference for above assays?
Do you think that I have an initial signs for kidney failure ?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:
hi,
the reports submitted above are normal.All over the world, the creatinine between 0.6 mg/dl to 1.2 mg/dl as the normal. Kidney can not be assessed only once at one pint of time to tell you whether the kidneys are normally functioning or not. It can done two or three times when ever the creatinine is at the upper limit of normal or at slight above the normal We also need to see whether the supportive evidences for renal functions alike complete urine examination for the presence of red blood cells, pus cells, proteinuria etc ( laboratory tests) . Also we need to see the structural abnormality in the kidney in ultrasound examination ( imaging methods) . Above all, We need to know the " clinical details" ( like symptoms and other history) in order to tell some one whether the kidneys are functioning properly or not. So, just a value doesnt mean any thing. We can not inform some one based on a single " value " about the dysfunction of a major organ. Even for staging kidney disease, we require above all information( clinical, laboratory and imaging methods). Your GHb test is well with in normal limits

Follow-up: What does my kidney function test report indicate? 1 hour later
Dear Doctor,
Thanks for your reply, Still my concern that CREATININE is high and may be give a sign that kidney functions in question ?

Kindly find following Ultra-Sound report :
PELVI-ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND Normal homogenous echopattern of liver parenchyma with no focal hepatic lesions or intra-hepatic biliary radicles dilatation. P.V. and C.B.D. are within normal calibers. Gall bladder is of normal size, shape and wall thickness with no calculi or mud inside. Normal size and echopattern of the spleen. Both kidneys are of normal size, shape and echogenecity with no calculi or back pressure effect. Pancreas and para-aortic area are free. No ascites. Normal filling and wall thickness of the urinary bladder with no calculi or masses. Normal dimensions of the prostate with intact capsule and no focal lesions. Both seminal vesicles are free. Prevoiding urine volume = 266 cc Post voiding volume= 10 cc. OPINION Normal pelvi-abdominal ultrasound.

Kindly Find urine examination :
A.URATES CRYSTALS = FEW
ASPECT = HAZY
BACTERIA = FEW
BILIRUBIN = Negative
BLOOD = Negative
CELLS = Few
COLOR = PALE YELLOW
LEUCOCYTES = Negative
MUCUS THREADS = Few
NITRITE = Negative
PROTEIN = Negative
U.PH = 6
SPECIFIC GRAVITY (MB) = 1.01
UROBILINOGEN = 0.2 EU/mL

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
normal

Detailed Answer:
As such all the reports are normal including ultrasound. Presence of even few bacteria in the urine may be abnormal in males. You better get urine culture done so that we can discuss more regarding this.

In fact, you don't have much problem with the kidneys and you can as well repeat the creatinine after few months.

Follow-up: What does my kidney function test report indicate? 26 hours later
Dear Dr.
The urine culture and sensitivity today result = No bacterial growth after 48 hours incubation.

I have 2 concerns regarding kidneys:
1. CREATININE (ENZYMATIC) = 1.35 mg/dL
2. Some blue and brown spots ( 2 cm ) width om my arms

The Hematologist said to me that I have to refer to kidney expert.

Please see my CBC :
PLATELET COUNT     332 10^3/uL
MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION     
MPV     8.1 fL
RDW     12.7 %
MCHC     32.7 g/dL
MCH     29.1 pg
MCV     88.9 fL
BA %     0.4 %
BA #     0 10^3/uL
EO %     0.7 %
WHITE BLOOD CELL     11.6 10^3/uL
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT     5.98 10^6/uL
HAEMATOCRIT     52.8 %
RETICULOCYTE COUNT     
HAEMOGLOBIN     17.3 g/dL
NE #     7.6 10^3/uL
NE %     73.6 %
LY #     1.9 10^3/uL
LY %     18.9 %
MO #     0.7 10^3/uL
MO %     6.4 %
EO #     0.1 10^3/uL

Also note that my LIVER FUNCTION TESTS is normal.

Kindly advise ?

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:
Again the reports are normal. You can repeat the creatinine again after few months. Your hemoglobin value is a bit high. Do you smoke?

You need to consult a dermatologist or a physician to tell you about the skin lesions. There are several reasons for such skin lesions and most of them simple and get cleared automatically. You can investigated for the skin problem. As such you don't need to worry about kidneys.

Follow-up: What does my kidney function test report indicate? 4 hours later
Dear doctor,
thanks for your reply, I am not smoker.
The high level of hemoglobin, red blood cells and creatinine are worried me too much , I am look healthy but in my skin no lesions , They are unpain contusions in brown color like soil in my arms mainly come and hide within 3 weeks , the dermatologist in my area said that somthing wrong in my body and he can't determain as dermatologist.

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
OK

Detailed Answer:
As you are not a a smoker and still you have higher HB, you need to check with physician for that. AS the dermatologist says that there is no obvious problem or he couldn't determine the skin lesions, you can wait and see.

Mean while you can monitor your health test frequently once in 6 months.

Follow-up: What does my kidney function test report indicate? 53 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
I alredy ckeked out with doctors and don't have clear answer.
Please inform me for the following specific queries :
1- Is there any type of relation between kedney functions and hemoglobin ?
2- What possible reasons for higher hemoglobin ?
3- Is my general allergy related to hemoglobun ?
4- What possible reasons through internal body problem can lead to unpain contusions ?
Kindly your support and thanks

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 2 days later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
kidneys are linked to Hb as the hormone which carries the iron to red blood cells to synthesize HB is produced by the kidneys only. But when the kidneys are defunct, Hb would start falling. The main stimulus for high Hb is low oxygen. Invariably people who smoke or in high altitudes, working in less oxygen environments would gradually develop high Hb . As such men will have high HB and you can frequently check it up to see that its high so that you can get further investigated. It has no link to allergies. A low platelet count can lead to contusions. Do you have any bleeding disorder before. Do you lose blood in excess even for trivial injuries.? Please check once

Dear Doctor,
Thanks a lot for your patenice.
As you see through my CBC above that my platelet count is perfect.
I didn't face any bleeding disorder in my life before , but when I was teenager also my HB was high and doctor at that advise me to donate my blood each 6 months.
My bleeding recovery in case of any injuries always good.
Doctor Sree XXXXXXX , I am realy appreciate your help and support for finsing solution to my case, just please advise me.
1. What the name of the hormon, Do you think that I need to test it ?
2. If I am not smoker and not living in high altitudes, why my HB high , Is this because of my RBC highe little bit ?
3. What possible reasons through internal body problem can lead to unpain contusions with considration that platelet ok ?

Please advise me doctor

Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
1. What the name of the hormone, Do you think that I need to test it ?

Erythropoetein. You can get it tested once from a reliable lab in your area.

2. If I am not smoker and not living in high altitudes, why my HB high , Is this because of my RBC higher little bit ?

Your Hb is at the upper limit of normal and not truly abnormal. You can get few tests and if normal, you can leave it as well and monitor it frequently..

3. What possible reasons through internal body problem can lead to unpain contusions with consideration that platelet ok ?

Can you get a detailed description of your skin lesion as described by the dermatologist. There can be several such conditions which mimick the same.

Follow-up: What does my kidney function test report indicate? 47 minutes later
Dear doctor,
Is testing the hormon will give any meaning to my case ?
Kindly find attached picture showing my unpain contusions ? As I mentioned above the dermatologist said that he has nothing to do with this, also please note that it will be hidden alone then another one will be appeared in another location but up till now always in my arms.

Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes. It can tell us the reason like high Epo content of your body. Also, the lesion on skin , which you presented is not looking like a significant one. You can watch for such lesions or new onset of lesions and as such you shouldn't bother much regarding the reason for occurrence of such lesions.