• question-icon

What does my hysteroscopy test report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I had a hysteroscopy to have a polyp removed on XXXXXXX 16. I had light spotting for about a week after the surgery. Then on July 4th my period came and it lasted 7 days with 4+ days of very heavy flow with some clots. Now today July 21, I started bleeding red again. It feels like a heavy period again and I am baffled that it is coming after just two weeks since the last one. Is this normal after the surgery? It just feels very abnormal to me.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hormonal disturbance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After a polyp removal light spotting for a week and a more than normal bleeding during the next periods is normal. Having period again after 2 weeks is not likely to be related to the surgery. This can be due to a mild hormonal imbalance. Bleeding from the site of polyp removal is not likely after more than 2 weeks. To find out the exact cause you should go for blood profile, ultrasonography, thyroid profile, endometrial biopsy, hormonal profile etc.
You can try the following till you get your test reports done.
1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.
3) You can go for minera IUD once your cause is found out.
4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.     
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
So is the hormonal imbalance unrelated to the surgery? The timing of it is all so coincidental. Prior to surgery I did not have any issues with cycles or hormones.

I will go to my Dr and look into the tests suggested.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related to the surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

The hormonal imbalance is not related to the surgery. Stress, anxiety, changes in diet also can cause such a hormonal disturbance.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN