What does my holter monitoring test result indicate?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: dear sukhvindar sir, I 3 pages of holter monitoring did not attached yesterday. Request you to review them.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
please seek a second opinion from a medical college hospital.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
1. I have seen these strips and I still have to the same view (as I detailed you last night). In absence of structural heart disease, asymptomatic occasional run of 4-5 beats of VEs at rate of ~100 beats per minute does not have any importance.
2. In such cases, we work-up further only to elucidate the cause of palpitation , if it is persistent. You can get a longer holter like device which is called external loop recorder. But only on basis of these two runs of ventricular ectopics (VEs), no treatment decision can be taken.
I advise you to take a second opinion from a good cardiology department, preferably of a medical college in your town.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder

Follow up: Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 14 minutes later
sir, bohot bohot aabhar.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome Dear

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
You are welcome. It is our duty to elaborate and discuss each thing scientifically in the best possible manner.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder
Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist