What does my eye check up result report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 30 Dec 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Good Evening Doctor,

This is venkateshwarlu and the question is about my younger son who is 10 years old. Recently there was eye check up camp for kids in my colony and I came to know that my younger one needs correction and was advised spects. His right eye has - 1 and left eye -. 75. Find attached the report please advise.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
simple myopia so correction to be given.every 2years it is to be reviewed.

Detailed Answer:
it is simple myopia. nothing to worry. refraction ca be done and correction given.it is better if refraction is done with atropiazation , since age is less and strong accomodation. now post mydriatic correction taken and your son is comfortable with correction. may be with -75. son be having proper correction. after one year it can be reviewed. the number will increase till he is 25.at that age refracttary or lasix surgery or cotact lens can be tryed, but youn have to wait till he is 25 yearsw old.till then refraction is to be done every 2years and corection is given,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist