What does my echocardiogram test report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Is my echocardiogram that I have attached considered a potential problem? the mild mitral valve regurgitation part?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, after reviewing your uploaded echo reports, I would like to explain that both of them confirm mild mitral regurgitation, not moderate.

Based on these reports, it doesn't seem to be any serious disorders, as not rarely a mild mitral regurgitation is found in normal healthy individuals.

Also your left atrium is considered within normal range; so again, the actual mitral regurgitation (mild) doesn't seem to have caused any serious adverse effects on atrial structure. So, it couldn't be the reason for your SVT.

The most rationale approach on such a case, is a yearly echo follow up, to quantify any potential mitral regurgitation changes over time.

So, actually your cardiac valve status is considered no problematic.

And you don't have to worry about!

If you have a new echocardiogram report, feel free to upload for a direct review.

Meanwhile, relax, as nothing dangerous is going to happen wit hyour heart!

Hope to have been helpful to you!

King regards,

Dr. Iliri