What does my doppler ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: HI
Attached is the doppler report of my wife. plz share opinion.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Baby has less than normal growth.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

I have seen the attached report. Umbilical arteries are showing a lesser blood flow - suggestive of decreased blood flow to the baby which has resulted in growth retardation. The baby is growing slower than normal.

Blood flow to placenta is also compromised. This can happen due to raised blood pressure of the mother. This needs a regular monitoring by color doppler every 3-4 weeks along with few medicines to increase the blood circulation. in case the growth decreases further or liquor decreases then labor may have to be induced to save the baby.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Hi
Patient is taking below medicines

1. Tab Gravadol 100 (BD)
2. Tab Optithik (BT Locally)
3. Tab Delispirin 75 (BT)
4. Tab Maintain 100 (BT)
5. Cap Conium O (OD)
6. Amino Sachets (OD)
7. Thyrox 75 (BD)

Plz confirm if there are chances of improvement. And do we need to have the patient admitted in hospital.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines will help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The medicines given are to help increase the placental circulation. These should help in maintaining the adequate amniotic fluid around the baby also. indoor admission is not needed if she is not having any problem. She needs a regular montoring of her blood pressure records and regular visits to gynaecologist for progress. Chances of improvement are there. At least all these medicines will prevent further deterioration.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T