What does my chest x-ray report indicate?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Cancer
Question: Sir
Here by i have attached my chest xray taken1 month back. Is there any symp of lung cancer in it. Past 3days i have cold with green flem. Yearly morning small amount of bllood was there. I have throat infection too. Green flem not coming out. Igave sholder paintoo
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please attach X ray film.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Sorry to say but there is no attachment in your query.
So chest x ray image is not attached.
Please attach your x ray image, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 3 minutes later
Sir attached it .
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry for lung cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on HCM.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the x ray image you have attached.
No need to worry for lung cancer in this image.
Your chest x ray is absolutely normal.
Please let me know
1. Are you smoker?
2. Do you have weight loss?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
No non smoker. No wt loss. Only ystd i had littleblood in sputam domuch worried .
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do you have breathlessness?

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
You are having hemoptysis (blood in sputum).
And most common cause for this is bronchitis and lung infection.
It is also seen in lung cancer.
Since your chest x ray is normal no need to worry for this infection or cancer.
Possibility of bronchitis is more.
Please let me know
1. Do you have breathlessness?
2. Do you have chemical exposure?
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 31 hours later
Sir
I have chemical exposure. I am in printing of polythene bags. Smell will be rhere. I use to be there ie in1st floor. Still my mind says will it b cancer. Will x ray show cancer clearly
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
In early stages of cancer, x ray can be normal.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.. Honestly speaking, in early stages of cancer, chest x ray can be normal.
So if you really want to rule out lung cancer than get done CT thorax with Contrast.
If this is normal than no need to worry for lung cancer.
Please let me know if you had CT thorax done.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.