What does my chest X-ray report indicate?
Anything causing inflammation can cause this; chronic = long term
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Bronchovascular markings are basically the borders or shape of the bronchus and the vasculature in the region. Coarsening of these markings indicates that those markings are more obvious or prominent, making them easily visible. Chronic coarsening indicates that this is something that has been taking place for a long period of time.
This usually occurs in conditions like:
+Asthma (long lasting)
+Conditions that can basically cause inflammation in the lung tissue
+Tumors or cancer (rare); and usually the tumor or cancer will also be seen if it is present: As this wasn't reported in your X-ray, then tumor or cancer can be excluded
I would request you to speak to a pulmonologist, who will be able to diagnose you in a more accurate manner and even recommend a treatment regimen. I hope you find my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done with chest x-ray what does the report says
- What does these chest x ray result indicate
- Indications for chest x ray
- Have had chest x-ray what does it indicate
- What does my chest x-ray report suggest
- What do chest x-rays reveal
- Had chest x-ray is the report normal
- What will chest x-ray show
- Had chest x-ray what are the findings in the report
- Done chest x-ray what doe the report indicate