What does my chest X ray report indicate?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Dear sir
I went for gamca medical clinic for medical chekup clearance for work visa Saudi . I was shocked to heard that I was unfit due to finding in my chest x ray .they told u have v.tiny calcification in right mid zone left mid zone.( BUT that time I was suffered from little cold and cough )
After I went to local center for chest pa view
Result where

Report is hand written its not easy readable
However I m trying to write here

No Active leison in both lung field
Pulmonary or plural (hand written not so clear) Calcifications in left mid zone
And plural reen or reseen are clear

After

I visit MD doc he refer some medication like cefrin 300 and doctor referred a DIGITAL chest PA view

The report contains

Lungs fields are clear , both hila appears normal , cardiac shadow is not enlarge , Costco phrenic and cardiophrenic angles are normal , bony cage appears normal , soft tissue shadow normal
Impression - normal
And local doc told me no calcifications is there

My age 30 weight 68 kg well build body
I am ex-smoker 7 yrs smoking history 4 years ago I left smoking without any symptom nither other chewing habits of tobacoo nor drinking

Ingunal Hernia surgery was perform 2 years ago in cmc vellore.doc also take a pa chest x ray there they told me nothing wrong in your lungs all are fine 2 year ago

No TB or pneumonia history

Yes when x ray was perform I was suffering from cold and cough and taking medicine MOX 500 and relent tablets

Sir what to do I am bit confuse about really is there any calcification or not in my lungs
And if its there whether it will be treated or not

Plz give me your valuable suggestion how I know really spot is there or not
Cuz GAMCA medical center have lots if controversy I read in net they findings are not always true.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you thta out of all x rays you have done the digital X ray is the most sophisticated one and if its report is normal there should be no doubt .

Still if you have any doubts get CT scan chest done , if its clear then you can show that to your centre where previous reporting was done that no lesion is there , they will not be able to reject the CT report .

Calcifications are not caused by acute infection , they are caused by chronic healed lesions like tuberculosis.

Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Ma'am
If calcifications is there how I know the causes or history when was its occurs.
Is there any medicine to remove thoese spot .because next month I visit another medical center for medical fitness and if they told the same thing I will lost my job

GCC does not approve a person with minimal spot ,TB or calcifications
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

In XXXXXXX its very common for any of us to be exposed to TB . If the calcifications are there it cannot be removed by any way . Best is to get a CT scan done and clear your doubts .

Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 days later
Dear ma'am
I today I meet radiology techinition he told me that I have calcifications on left mid side 2 spot of 1 or 2 mm and its due to dust .

And one is right side so ma'am its common or harm full I hd plan for chest city after 2 month
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for reverting back.

Well calcifications signify healed and old lesions . So, they dont have much significance as such so you need not worry about it .

Dr. Shruti