What does my blood test report indicate?

Excellent

Question
I am a 59 y/o female who is 5'4" tall, 140 lbs, and exercises regularly. We get our blood work done every year and the last two years my differential has been out of whack but my WBC and RBC overall are okay. I would like to know if there is anything to be concerned about regarding the differential numbers. They are similar to last year.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to be monitored three monthly and peripheral film should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, I have been through your reports in detail to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history and reports you have shared, it's good that most of your vital organs are working properly and almost all the labs are within the normal limit or not significantly deranged. The differential counts are slightly deranged specially increased lymphocytes count and monocytes counts.

With normal total counts, dangerous or aggressive reasons of such differentials such as malignancies or marrow issues are generally out of the equation, however, a baseline peripheral film examination for atypical lymphocytes should be done to look for any blast cells in the outer film.

A baseline LDH levels can also be obtained. Sometimes some underlying viral infection or parasitic infestation may cause such differentials so careful throat and systemic examination should be done and at the moment no aggressive management is needed. Just repeating the CBC every three months to compare for any progression or worsening of derangements should be ensured till the counts are normal. If it persists a hematologist review can be sought.

Wishing you a steady and healthy life ahead. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please free to ask.

Follow-up: What does my blood test report indicate? 2 hours later
Thank you for your quick response. I did check with my local physician office and they suggest waiting 3 months and check again which is also what you have recommended. They did not suggest any other testing until those tests were done. My husband has not been very well the last couple of years and this fall was diagnosed with lung Stage IIIA cancer. He was an inpt in the hospital five times from Sept 12 thru Oct 16, 2017, plus he just finished chemo and radiation treatments in December. I have been under extreme amounts of stress trying to balance his health issues and a job as a patient financial services director at the local hospital. Do you think stress could play a role in the lab results? I have been exposed to the flu and I am seldom sick. The only thing that has changed in my health that I notice is a continual sinus drainage but that has been very manageable. I am just baffled about the differentials. Not real worried but hoping I don't let something go that needs attention since I am so busy taking care of my husband.

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Flu can play a role but stress doesn't seem to

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Sorry to hear about your husband. Though it's a stressful situation you are into but it is less likely to play such role in your labs however flu if viral can present with such picture. Three monthly repetition seems good ad nothing acute to be worried about these at this moment. Regards

Follow-up: What does my blood test report indicate? 14 minutes later
Thank you. I don't think I have the flu. I have been exposed several times over the last few weeks but feel fine. I have not been sick for over a year and when I was sick it was a sinus infection. I appreciate your help and i will follow up with labs in 3 months unless i do get sick. Have a wonderful weekend.

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thank for the feedback. Even recent exposure to flu virus can impart such results but it's better to follow them after three months. Have a good weekend ahead. Regards