What does my blood test report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am confused about blood work- the lab shows range<9 IU/ml but my results show that i have 195H -i know that it signifies autoimmune issues- what is 195H. My TSH and T3 and T4 are normal
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
value 195,with limit of test 9, is very high, specific test name needed

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

If possible, can the specific name of the test done, be provided, this would allow for better interpretation of the results.

The test that was done is not mentioned nor is the result or picture of the result attached.

There are some tests that assess for autoimmune disease.

If the test done has a limit of 9 and your value is 195 ( the H means high), then that is significantly out of range and may indicate a condition requiring treatment.
Unfortunately as mentioned, because I am not sure of the specific test cannot interpret further
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
that consists of a number of different tests

Detailed Answer:
HI

A comprehensive metabolic panel consists of electrolytes (sodium,potassium, calcium, bicarbonate, chloride), liver function tests, kidney function, protein levels, blood sugar levels.

Which one of these was too high?

If it is easier, you can either take a pic of the result and attach it or write out the specific test and result.
Some persons attach the results to the questions so that all of them can be reviewed and commented on.
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 59 minutes later
None but Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
autoimmune thyroid disease

Detailed Answer:
HI

Ok.

A high level of thyroid peroxidase antibodies is usually a marker for thyroid autoimmune disease, this basically means that your body is reacting against itself (its thyroid

The main thyroid autoimmune conditions would be hashimoto or graves disease.

You would need to find out the levels of the thyroid hormones to see if --(1) the antibodies are causing high thyroid hormone levels
(2)causing low levels
(3)having no effect
Dr. Michelle Gibson James