What Does My Blood Test Report Indicate?
Thank you for writing on health care magic
a well the three of ANA 1:40 is a bit mom specific as it is a very low titre..Moreover ANA can be false positive in 10 percent people..So we need to know what symptoms are you experiencing. if your symptoms match ANA positivity them only the lab holds any value
I would ask you a few queries:
1. any history of oral ulcers or dry eyes or dry mouth..
2. any history of joint pains or muscle pains or any joint swelling you noticed?
3. any history of rashes over the body?
4. has your hair fall increased recently?..
Do let me know these queries...If you could attach the other blood reports also like esr cbc urine routine it would be helpful
Await your reply
So 1 in 10 people test positive under 1:40 titer? I thoufht it was more like 1 in 4?
And my symptoms are classic anxiety symptoms like pounding heart, shortness of breath, tinnitus, and many others.
But my last question is does everyone who test positive for ana usually go for further testing regardless if they have symptoms or not? Because if it wasnt for my anxiety symptoms i would have never even gotten tested in the first place because i felt fine
1. No oral ulcers or dry eyes or mouth
2. I have a bad back but i had back surgery a few years ago and my back cracks alot but thats from an injury.
3. Went to the dermatologist like 8 years ago for sun spots but thats it.
4 i have a full XXXXXXX of hair.
Firstly I apologize for the late response. Was quite busy in organizing a conference and with Festivities happening in XXXXXXX totally kept me occupied...
I have gone through your results. Only abnormality I found was low Platelet count. Not sure if u did it after some viral infection. Since it is only the first reading, we should repeat it again after a months time to see if they are still low...
As per your query, your none of the symptoms match any connective tissue disease related to ANA. So if a patient doesnt have symptoms, but ANA is positive we check for the titre of ANA positivity. If it is more than 1: 160 we do further testing to be sure there are no other antibodies positive.
But with 1:40, with no symptoms we normally dont do any further testing. We just like to wait and watch for any evolution of symptoms...But yes the platelet count is something I would keep a watch on
I hope it suffices your query
Sorry for delayed reply again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food for high esr blood
- Gauging ears swelling and pus and blood
- Heartburn and puking blood
- Headaches smell blood
- Food poisoning peeing blood
- Food to decrease sgpt level in blood
- Gum swelling puss and blood
- Fell on back coughed up blood
- Forearm sore after donating blood
- Heart attack symptoms after giving blood