What Does My Blood Test Report Indicate?
Iron saturation :39
Another blood test was done in August :
Iron serum :123
Iron saturation :31
The last test was done October 2, two days ago, ferritin serum:305
My questions are: do I have hemochromatosis, what you suggested as my level is still high. And I am going for holiday this Saturday for 6 weeks and I am worried even the doctor assure me that I should be OK. Please advise
There is iron overload, few more tests need to be done.
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
The laboratory results of iron profile suggest:
1. There is iron overload in body - storage form of iron is increased in body i.e. ferritin.
2. Serum levels of iron and saturation of iron are normal.
3. TIBC is also within normal range.
I suggest you get the following tests:
1. Complete hemogram which should include- RBC count, hematocrit, ESR.
2. CRP or C-reactive protein
3. Transferrin receptor
There is definite iron overload in the body, however, before labeling it as hemochromatosis, the above-mentioned tests need to be done.
Kindly, revert back with above-mentioned tests for further interpretation of the condition.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food for high esr blood
- Gauging ears swelling and pus and blood
- Heartburn and puking blood
- Headaches smell blood
- Food poisoning peeing blood
- Food to decrease sgpt level in blood
- Gum swelling puss and blood
- Fell on back coughed up blood
- Forearm sore after donating blood
- Heart attack symptoms after giving blood