What Does My Blood Test Report Indicate?
A few days ago I've noticed blood in my stool. My stool was loose. I was not sure it was blood. I had fecal occult blood test 2 hours after I've noticed the bleeding in urgent care facility. The test was negative and I was told I have a big hemorrhoid.
Does the negative test prove that the blood (if there was blood) wasn't coming from the colon?
Can hemorrhoids bleed if the stool is loose (even watery)?
Thank you in advance!
please see detailed answer.
Thanks for query.
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins around your anus or lower rectum. Even when the stools are watery there is contraction in rectal canal to let them pass.This contraction can cause swollen vein to burst and bleed.
Fecal occult blood test is done to see hiden blood in stool.However to be fully sure a coloscopy have to be done only after colonoscopy can we be sure that colon is normal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have a runny nose and coughing up blood
- If i take a blood test for my thyroid will they see the nicotine in my blood
- Nose bleed fast heartbeat throwing up blood
- Normal angiogram and normal echo but elevated troponin in blood
- Menstruating for 3 weeks losing brown black blood
- Little lumps on arm after giving blood
- Orange tinge to menstrual blood
- My toddler poked her eye near the cornea has some blood
- Light orange colored menstrual blood
- Retching blood