What Does My Blood Test Report Indicate?
My father age 67 (M) has taken a recent blood test for sugar B12 and D total. He has sugar for past 15 years and he is under medication. B12 looked normal in the report. The D total looks deficient. Kindly advise the best ways to improve the same.
Vitamin D supplementation.
Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your reports and have noticed that vit D is insufficient. Fasting blood sugar is high I would suggest you follow up with your treating doctor for any alteration in the doses.
For vitamin D he can take Dvion sachets, 60000 IU once a week mixed with water for 4 to 8 weeks. Other ways is spending half an hour in sun between 11 am and 3 pm everyday will help his vitamin D to increase.
I hope this answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food for high esr blood
- Gauging ears swelling and pus and blood
- Heartburn and puking blood
- Headaches smell blood
- Food poisoning peeing blood
- Food to decrease sgpt level in blood
- Gum swelling puss and blood
- Fell on back coughed up blood
- Forearm sore after donating blood
- Heart attack symptoms after giving blood