What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi
I am 32 years old i recently did my blood test and found my homocysteine level was high upto 54 and i had vitamin D deficiency with reading as 10.5 and Vitamin B12 with 152
Since my homocysteine was high i went to the doctor and did Tread mill test which came negative (which was a relief) my doctor has prescribed a tablets and injections for vitamin ad and b12 and homocycteine ,kindly let me know when can i regain my normal levels in all and how effecient is Tread mill test(stress test)
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treadmill test alone is around 70% in ruling out coronary artery disease.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,

As per your query answers are-

1)Sensitivity of Treadmill test alone is around 70%, However if combined with a test called 2d echo;Sensitivity to rule out coronary artery disease becomes more then 85%. Therefore most of the times 2d echo and stress test are done together.

2)5 shots of injections for vitamin B12 will be given to you after that your B12 will become normal.However you should continue taking methyl cobalamine orally for at least 3 months after injections to maintain it to normal.

Vitamin D12 is a course of 60,000 international units total 12 doses will be given ,Initially once a week for 8 weeks then once a month for next four month.It will take approximately 1 month for levels to return to normal.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 14 minutes later
Thanks Dr Rishu,
I am taking these medicines and as far as echo is concerned i have done that but not with TMT i did it last month and it was found to be good.how should i be confirmed if i dont have CAD?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi again ,
If your echo and TMT are normal i don't think you need to worry but in case you want to be 100% percent sure that you don't have CAD i would suggest you to go for either Stress thallium(98%) sensitive or Coronary angiogram (gold standard test more then 99%) sensitive.
Though they are not required yet if you want to be fully sure then they are the test you can opt.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 32 minutes later
Thanks Doctor very much appreciated .
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
welcome.