What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: I currently had a blood test and here the results of what came back high and low, please tell me what you recommend. Also, what to do to increase red blood cell count; my red blood cell count has been low since 2014. Also based on these findings from the blood test, do I have cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, possible viral infection?
WBC: 4.8 (4.1-10.9 normal)
RBC: 3.84 Low
Hemoglobin: 12.4 LOW
Hematrocrit: 36.6 LOW
MCH: 32.3 HI
RDW: 11.3 LOW
PLATELET LYMPH# 1.67 LOW
I greatly appreciate your invaluable time in this matter.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello . reports are ok except hemoglobin

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. As i can see, you have mild anemia which is the cause of your low hemoglobin and hematocrit and rbc. RDW is borderline and i take it as normal. Platelet counts are ok. So as the hemoglobin is mildly low, you can take supplements like iron and folic acid. More important is to check that hemoglobin doesnot fall. You can check it after a period of 3 months. For supplements you will require a prescription from the doctor.
Your blood reports does not show any leukemia, lymphoma or viral infection. No need to worry.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 hours later
Many thanks and much gratitude for your expert medical advice.
I greatly appreciate your invaluable time. Sincerest Regards, Brenda Zastoupil
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy