What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and recently we got her blood test done as she was having fever along with rashes. We saw that her weil-felix OX 2 test came positive and the consulting physician told us that she is having rickettsial infection.

I wanted to know is there any danger to her pregnancy? Also what is the medication which she can take now considering her condition?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Visit gynaecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic
The high fever part can cause preterm pains in some patients so main culprit is high fever
Consult your gynaecologist and get a prescription for antibiotics and also her antenatal examination too to see for well being of baby
We usually give azithromycin for at least 10 days.
Also can you please send me her last ultrasound reports so that I can advise you better
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana