What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I just got my blood work results and I'm very concern due to results. My GFR is 76.9 my glucose is 117, myhgb Alc is 6.5, estimated average glucose is 140, cholesterol 218, LDL 123,Triglycerides 348. What should I do.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your HbA1C is slightly elevated, which means that you are at the beginning of diabetes.

From the other hand, your blood lipid profile is slightly altered, but it is not concerning.

You should know that glucose intolerance can cause these changes in your blood lipid profile.

From the other hand, lipitor is not very effective in lowering triglycerides. Its main action is on cholesterol levels.

Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with an endocrinologist regarding HbA1C levels.

I would also recommend some diet modifications (diabetic diet) and try to perform a lot of physical activity (aerobics, yoga, etc.), which helps improve HbA1C levels and also your blood lipid profile.

Taking omega 3 oil would also help reduce your triglycerides levels.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri