What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Sir/Ma'am,
Please check my brothers blood report and tell me what is the problem, he is suffering from Fever ranging from 104-103 degree Faranhite.
Kindly revert as soon as possible.

XXXXX
0000/00
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer.....reports indicate it to be dengue fever
Detailed answer....
I have read your query  and seen your reports.
Reports indicate that the patient is suffering from dengue fever.
95-97% cases of dengue patients run an uneventful course and become all right without any complications like DHF or DSS.
Only 3-5% patients get potentially fatal symptoms of dengue hemorrhagic fever ( DHF ) or dengue shock syndrome ( DSS ).
What to do.....
Main treatment now is plenty of oral fluids to maintain hydration along with bed rest and reduction of fever by cool bath,cool showers and paracetamol.
There is no particular medicine to treat dengue.
Since dengue infection proceed to DHF and DSS from 4-7 days,you have to be careful during this period. Be watchful for the symptoms of bleeding or shock or abdominal symptoms. Treatment in such cases is intravenous fluids and admission in the hospital.
Avoid giving aspirin or ibuprofen as they are blood thinners and can be dangerous in the event patient proceeds to DHF or DSS.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thank You Sir for your reply, I will do accordingly

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 10 hours later
you are most welcome to ask any query anytime.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj