What does my blood test report indicate?
Mildly elevated ALT:
Hello and welcome,
First I want to say that while the ALT is elevated, it isn't severely elevated. Usually labs set the upper range for ALT at around 40 U/L. So I wouldn't be worried but I think you need further evaluation. For example, a full liver panel blood test would help put this in perspective.
Many things can increase ALT. This list includes some medications and herbals, very strenuous exercise, and drinking alcoholic drinks.
One thing you can do to try to decrease ALT is to decrease alcohol intake, if you drink. And if a full liver panel hasn't been done, get that done to be able to put this ALT in context.
So - don't worry, but do follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate