What does my blood test report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: MY PLT IS 142 K/CMM, HGB 15.3 G/DL, HCT 45.6, Do I need to be concerned? Any dietery tips to improve condition?I have had gum infection for years now. Doesn't hurt unless press on it hard. I keep forgetting to have looked at, last dentist tried to re crown tooth, would not stop bleeding, He ended up pulling it out.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood parameters are within normal range,tt for gum inflammation required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Your blood parameters - Hb and HCT are within range.
The platelet count is slightly low, normal range being 1.50 to 4.50 lakh / cubic millimeter, however slightly low platelets are not of much concern.
Infection and bleeding from gums suggests gum inflammation or pyorrhea.
Tooth caries is the most common cause of gum inflammation and swelling.
I suggest you to consult your dentist for treatment of gum inflammation and bleeding.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist