What does my blood test report indicate?
My last period was on february 19, so I was at eleven days when I ovulated.
I had to do a blood test yesterday, and there was a quantitative beta hcg: my level was negative... <1.0 miu/ml...
But, yesterday, february 4, I was four days after my ovulation date, I had some brown spotting, very light, on and off and it stops at night.
Today, I mean tonight, I have light pink spotting, on and off again, but it's not red.
Also, today I made a pregnancy test, because I wonder if those spotting could be an implantation bleeding !
The test, 10miu, been positive, really light but there was two lines !
Is it possible, first, that my spotting can be implantation bleeding at 4-5 days past ovulation ? And if it is the case, could me blood test for hcg level being negative yesterday, and then today it would be positive ??
Thank you so much for your answer doctor !
Annie, 30 years old and mother of a little boy (1,5 year old!)
Pregnancy test can be positive.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Implantation bleeding usually happens 10 days- 2 weeks after the ovulation. The mild spotting that you saw could be due to a mild hormonal disturbance or can be caused by vigorous sex session or other causes. It can be a left over blood from your previous period also. Implantation bleeding so early after ovulation is less likely.
The positive test after 4 days of ovulation is a possibility. The rise in HCG levels is more than doubling in 48 hours. So once the HCG level starts rising it can reach a level of 10 in 3-4 days. It is best to repeat the test after a few days to be more sure.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate