What does my blood test report indicate?
Low platelet alone is non specific or vitamin B12 deficiency.
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You have low hemoglobin and hematocrit. So it can be due to blood loss or iron deficiency or vitamin B12 deficiency. Isolated slight low platelet count is non significant or it can be due to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Colonoscopy and endoscopy are needed to rule out GI bleeding. Go for it.
You should also go for peripheral smear examination and anemia profile. Anemia profile includes serum iron level, serum ferritine level, serum vitamin B12 level and folic acid level.
It will give you exact diagnosis. whether it is vitamin deficiency or blood loss.
Chances of bone marrow cancer is very negligible. Vitamin b12 deficiency also leads to this but bone marrow examination is invasive procedures so you should go for non invasive test first.
If you don't find any causes and your platelets and hemoglobin drops further then bone marrow examination should be done.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate