What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Yes. My blood tests results have UBld in bold with a 2+. And A as a flag and Negative as the reference range. What does this mean?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs elaboration and please provide the test report if possible

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. the presentation is not enough and the history needs elaboration. I would appreciate if you provide the blood test scan copy you had and let me guide you better accordingly. Also the history and the cause of ordering this test and any correlated symptoms in details would be appreciated too.

Waiting for the response.

Khan

Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 41 hours later
This was an annual exam and there was no other reason for ordering the exam. I asked for a vitamin D test and that came back as low and I was told to take 2000 mg of vitamin d ad day and some calcium.

I have always been tired all my life. I'm not so tired in this decade of life as I have been in the past. I have gained weight over past couple of years but have attributions that to menopause.

I submitted photo copies of my blood report. Please let me know if you received than because I can't tell from. Y screen. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D and calcium supplements, rest parameters are good.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you very much with such a detailed and thorough follow up

I went through all your labs it was basically one page uploaded three times. It indicates your lipid profile, glucose, proteins, liver and renal functions and blood picture. All of them are in perfectly normal range. Some are at upper limits of normal and is nothing to worry about. Like cholesterol of 214 needs to be brought down easily with diet and lifestyle changes, opting for good cholesterols, omega 3 and 6 rich . Keeping the cholesterol intake less than 300 mcg in a day. Your glucose level is lower limit of impaired tolerance likely attributed to the recent weight gains. Exercise, 45 minutes a day of jogging will take care of the weight. Prefer high protein low carb diet. Rest all your parameters are in good shape.

I could not find the Ubid 2+ value you asked in first question and nor vitamin D levels but as you have been told to take vitamin D with calcium supplements, that was wise and should be continued. Also diet rich in vitamin D like fatty fish as tua, mackerel or salmon, beef liver, cheese egg yolk etc and diet rich in calcium like spinach, XXXXXXX okra, collards, beans, white beans, fish like sardines, salmons, rainbow trout etc, and calcium fortified foods like calcium, breakfast cereal and oatmeal etc helps the levels and prevent osteoporosis.

Should you have any more queries please feel free to follow up. I would love to answer.

I hope it helps.
regards
Khan
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Thank you. I have attached page 2 of the report which has urinalysis results. Can you help me interrupt? Thought I had sent this one before. Sorry for the triple copy of page one! Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Microscopic hematuria, (Blood In urine)

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me

I went through your urinalysis report. UBLD is a code for blood in urine. 2 + means blood was there in urine. Test basically determines free hemoglobin or iron in urine. So if you had some iron rich meal like meat, or use iron supplements that could give such microscopic hematuria.

However cause of this hematuria needs to be found. If there is some pain associated with urination or some burning discomfort like increased frequency, discomfort during micturition then it could be a small urinary tract stone. Infections of urinary tract like UTI. cystitis or pyelonephritis can also cause such microscopic hematuria. Rare cases if not diagnosed for these benign conditions then considered for invasive studies like cystoscopy to rule out any mass causing this hematuria but that is mostly gross hematuria (blood visible in urine ) as well as without any pain.

Talk to your doctor and let them sooth your worries regarding this microscopic hematuria.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan