What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I recently had a blood test that shows my white blood cell count at 11.3, MCV is 104.1 and MCH is 34.2. My doctor asked if I felt ill or maybe had a sinus infection, but the answer is no. Just wondering if this is something to be concerned about. My doctor is 93 years old, and I am a little concerned about this memory.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you should get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Your CBC is showing leukocytosis and large size of RBCs. Raised Leukocyte counts are suggestive of infection (your doctor has rightly enquired about any problem).
It is advisable that you get repeat CBC and get Urine routine and culture. High size of RBC is indicative of deficiency of vitamin B12 and Folate.
You should also get vitamin B12 level.
Then you should review to your physician for the treatment plan.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.