What does my blood test report indicate?
probably variation of normal
Hello and thank you for your question.
With that very slight rise of GGT and all other liver enzymes being normal I think this is probably just a normal variation. Our liver enzymes go up and down and this was just probably caught at a time when it was slightly high. I agree with your doctor's decision to get the ultrasound just to make sure but I suspect your liver US will be normal. Causes of elevated liver enzymes like GGT can be from hepatitis, liver masses and blockages of the bile ducts. However in all of those cases it would be unusual that your other tests, specifically AST, ALT and ALP, would be normal. Get the US to be sure but I bet the next time you get the GGT checked it will be normal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate