What does my blood test report indicate?
History: Exhaustion for last three months; Run down, Caugh, low fever <100 F for week and administration of full course of Amoxicillin 500mg + Potassium Clavulanate 125 mg for 5 days and then Lymphomycin 500mg for 4 days. Fever now subsides. Please advice on the Blood test report.
The infection is atypical and resistant to penicillins!
Hi! thanks for your health query!
It seems that you definitely have some inflammation/infection (because ESR is really high!), possibly in the chest (cough/low grade fever) but the blood picture does not support this as TC/DC of WBC are normal.
Your infection seems resistant to amoxiclav but possibly responded to Lincomycin tablets in standard dosage.
This could be explained as below:
1. you started antibiotics at early stage before the TC/DC raised
2. you might have some delay in responding to infection (bone marrow might be depressed due to any reason like nutrition, recent illness etc.)
3. the organism in this case was atypical and could possibly cause high monocyte level
4. the test was done in the recovery stage
5. technical/interpretation errors; the test could be repeated if clinically indicated
A chest x-ray could clarify better in this case.
The blood test was done at recovery stage yesterday. As advised, it may be repeated after two/ three days if clinically supported.
Chest X-ray a week back, (during acute days) found little congestion in the right lungs. This is the reason of starting Lincomycin. But the side effect of Lincomycin viz. passing soft stool, mild cramp in the bowel, administration of Licomycin 500mg after 4 days had been stooped. A course of Metronidazole 400mg (8 tabs so far) has been taken up to cope up the virulence of other organism in the colon. Now ample Yugahurt (Dahi) is being taken to replace beneficial flora. All medicines are stopped.
Hope to be recovered soon with vitamin supplementation. Any other suggestion?
Please take nutritious diets and lactobacillus!
Hi! thanks for the feedback!
You need to add lactobacillus capsule/sachet after foods along with nutritious diets and multivitamins/minerals for 3-7 days.
Hope this helps you! all the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate