What does my blood sugar level indicate?

Dr. Abhay A Mali

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Diabetes
Question: sugar content 230 mg during random checking is it dangerous
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

Random blood sugar more than 200 with symptoms of hyperglycemia like increased thirst, hunger, weight loss, generalized weakness denote diabetes.

Presence of overweight or obesity, lack of physical activity, family history of diabetes increases the chances of diabetes.

I may suggest to do -
Fasting and post-prandial blood sugar level.
HbA1C.

Depending upon detailed physical examination and above test results appropriate opinion can be suggested.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Abhay Mali.
Diabetologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Abhay A Mali 29 hours later
Thank you sir, could this be a cause of concern to get medical fitness Certificate for job (Teaching-Asst. Prof in Engg)
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
It won't affect fitness for proposed job.

Detailed Answer:
Diabetes or high blood sugar levels won't affect fitness for proposed job.
Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Abhay A Mali 5 hours later
Thank you very Much!!!
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Well come.

Detailed Answer:
I will be happy to answer your future queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad