What does my biopsy report indicate?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: What is a pulmonologist supposed to do when a radiologist tells her to follow up on a finding of a lung mass, when "early tumor cannot be entirely excluded?"
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bronchoscopy is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the reports you have mentioned.
Your radiological findings are gradually worsening.
So possibility of endobronchial obstructive mass like lesion is more.
So in this case bronchoscopy is needed.
Bronchoscopy is endoscopic examination of lungs.
In this, endoscope is introduced in the lungs via nose and examination of airways, bronchi done.
If there is mass like lesion then Biopsy is needed for diagnosis. Biopsy is also done by bronchoscopy.
So next step is bronchoscopy and Biopsy.
So pulmonologist will mostly do bronchoscopy and Biopsy if there is mass like lesion.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your patient. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 17 hours later
Dr. Bhavsar, are you available for medico-legal consultation? If so I would like to speak with you regarding your education, training, practice and rates. Please let me know at YYYY@YYYY 541-400-8955. Thank you kindly for your assistance.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am living and practicing in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I think we both live in different countries.
I am practicing in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and you seems to belong to US.
I don't think I can help you medicolegally.
You should discuss with local (US based) pulmonologist.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.