What does my bilateral hip MRI scan report indicate?
It is a benign finding in the tail bone that is not a concern
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. The MRI hip result shows a small 10 mm area in the tail bone or sacrum on left side which shows slight signal changes described as dark on T1 sequence and intermediate on STIR.
2. In MRI we see pictures in different settings called sequences. I confirm that the result in your hip MRI is not a serious concern and is acceptable at your age.
3. These are usually benign findings due to bone mineral deposition. The term non specific is used to convey that this finding is not related to any particular serious cause and do not require any intervention.
Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect