What does my angiogram test report indicate?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have attached my dad's angiogram reports. Already 2 blocks have been cleared with stents and Can you check and let me know if there are other major/minor blocks which can cayuse the attack.If the tablets prescribed are good and will dissolve the minor blocks.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Your father has suffered recently a heart attack complicated with major life-threatening arrhythmia. This is why he has done coronary angiography and stenting.

After reviewing the reports I would like to say that the angioplasty and coronary stenting procedure has been done correctly. What's more important at the end of procedure there weren't observed any abnormalities. This is why you shouldn't worry about other major/minor coronary blockages for the moment.

For the moment you should help him to think once again positive because he is a heart attack survivor and after the procedure everything is going to be ok. Please keep in mind that stress and anxiety has a negative effect on heart disease.

After reviewing the treatment it's effective in most of the patients with heart disease. This together with, healthy lifestyle and reduce stress will help to stabilise his disease and keep the things this way for a long period.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you and your family health!
Dr. Shehu
p.s: If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again.