question-icon

What does my X-ray test report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016
Question: on 16/03/2016 during work out at gym i got a severe pain while lifting a weight on my back i immediately stopped the workout and done an xray .the report is loaded please advice me what to do and after how many days i can start the normal workout at gym . i am taking calcium 500mg tab
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Fracture and collapse of L5 vertebra.

Detailed Answer:
The X-ray report attached is suggestive of a fracture and collapse of L5 vertebra. You need to have a complete bed rest for at least 4 weeks and then use a spine brace to support the spine after you start walking around gradually. Keeping on doing your daily activities can lead to nerve root compression.
Do take a complete bed rest, pain killers and oral muscle relaxants prescribed by your orthopedician. Do not start workout till it is completely healed. Avoid driving or standing for too long.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon