What does my X-ray report indicate?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: My fiance, living in Ecuador, noticed a bump on the side of her head about 3 weeks ago. Hard and painless. She went to the ER and received an xray.
This is the translated report from the radiologist:
"The left parietal region is explored observing:
Below the plane of the subcutaneous cellular tissue and in front of the external table, a well-defined hypoechogenic image of regular borders, avascular, is measured 2.1cm x 2.1cm x 0.5cm findings suggest as the first possibility lipoma at this level.
He does not observe other collections or focal lesions occupying this space.
Does not observe free liquid."

Now she says the bump is moving closer to her face, out of her hairline.

Xrays can be seen here:
https://goo.gl/photos/wi9EavnuhghSS54J7

She is 45. Has a history of Stage 3C ovarian cancer, treated with chemo, radiation and hysterectomy 18 months ago so she is obviously concerned.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be Lipoma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the pictures in detail.
As per the Ultrasound and report,it is Lipoma.
Lipoma is a universal tumour which can occur anywhere in the body.
I prefer to do an FNAC(Fine needle aspiration cytology)of the swelling for accurate diagnosis.
If Lipoma is confirmed,i will remove the swelling surgically as there is no medical treatment for it.
Nothing to worry.It is not Cancer.
Hope i answered your query.If you have any questions,i will clarify further.
Wish her good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 16 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. My only other question is, she said it seems to have grown to about 3cm over the course of 2 weeks. Does that still fit the diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lipoma has to be considered first.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Lipoma can grow upto 3cms in 2weeks.
But,FNAC will give accurate diagnosis.
It's better to get FNAC before surgery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy