What does my USG test report indicate?
Thanks for the query.
I have seen your query and understand your concern.
I have seen the report and would like to re assure you that there is nothing to worry.
You see our kidneys make urine. Deep in the core of kidney,there is a space that allows for the collection of urine which then gets piped into a long tube called ureter which then goes to bladder and then this urine goes outside through penis. This space is called as RENAL PELVIS.
In some people around 1 in 10,this renal pelvis extends beyond the hilum and appears bulged out. This bulging out of kidney pelvis beyond the hilum or the normal confines of your kidney is called as extra renal pelvis. It does not cause any harm.
I know it must be sounding little technical to you although I have tried to explain in very simple manner.
In nutshell there is no problem and no harm.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Usg taken what could be the heartbeat as per usg
- What does the report of pelvic usg mean
- Indications for usg
- What does pod in usg report mean
- What is usg pelvis test for women
- For what usg pelvis test is done
- Pregnant usg done what do the results indicate
- Done usg test what does the reports suggest disease treatment
- Fatty liver in usg report
- What is anomaly usg test
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?