What does my TVS report result indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 7 Jun 2017 in Women's Health
Question: MY TVS report says that both ovaries are normal in size and volume but show peripherally situated multiple small follicles with echogenic central stroma what does this mean?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of poly cystic ovarian disease.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It is important that radiologic studies be interpreted within the clinical context. The doctor ordering the test will need to help you interpret the sonogram as they know details about her medical history. It sounds like the report describes polycystic ovarian syndrome. If she has irregular periods then this could fit.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
other than glyciphage 500 my Doc has recommended me good OVA 100, Primiwal and Susten SR 300.Can you please explain me how safe is it to have all these medicines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will help PCOD.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Glycphage will decrease insulin resistance caused by polycystic ovaries. Good OVA will improve quality of eggs Primiwal and susten 300 are hormonal supports to have proper periods and to build proper endometrium. These medicines can be used only if your gynecologist prescribes and you go for a regular check up.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng