What does my PSA test report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i just got a PSA test (free and total) and it looks real good to me, but i want an expert opinion. the PSA total was .2ng/ml and the free was .1 ng/ml that makes a PSA % Free of 50, what do you think of these results?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are PSA values are well within normal range .Not to be worried about

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

PSA values of 2ng of Total PSA and 1 ng of Free are well within normal range of 4 ng. It signify that you do not have any prostate pathology .

The ratio of Free PSA to Total PSA is significant and demands prostate biopsy only when Total PSA is raised above 4.1 ng .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..