What does my MRI test report indicate?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My name is Pushpagandhi (FM) of age 38. i am a house wife only. We have one male children of age 10. We would like to go for one more baby (particularly female baby). Meanwhile i am suffering from low back pain for the past one year and treatment taken as per advice from Ortho doctor (physical exercise with some neurose tablet). Now i don't have back pain since i am taking care of more rest and not folding to take any material/work. But in two in my right leg last two fingers are having little bit pain and some time i felt i have pain below my knee during early morning time (Like winter season). I enclosed the MRI report which we taken one year back. Request your opinion for getting pregnant for one more female baby. Kindly advice for getting female baby also.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Pushpagandhi
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Yes, the MRI report shows some issues with the spinal cord, that is the reason for the back pain.
For the knee pain and the finger pain, please see a Rheumatologist to know if you are having arthritis.
Since the past 10 years, what have you used for family planning / contraception ?
Are your periods regular ?
Did you have difficulty in conceiving your first child ?
There is no specific method for conceiving only male or only female baby.
But I can advice you on how to get pregnant fast.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Dear Doctor,
Thank you very much for your immediate response.

We have not used anything for the past 10 years as a prevention, Only safe periods (i.e after periods 5-10 days and 25-30 days).

Period is regular i.e between 28 to 32 days

Now my worry is since i have back pain and suffered a lot for the past one year. If i get pregnant then there will be a problem in back pain????

At this age of 38 will it have any problem and my husband age is 42

Thanks in advance.

Dear doctor,
I have forgotten one of your question. During the pregnant in first time we have consulted doctor and as per her advice tablet and injection taken after 5 days of periods. Then have a contact and scanned for 13,15 and 17 days. After that only pregnant taken place.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
okay.
Thank you for the details.
Right now since how long are you trying to conceive?
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 days later
Thank you very much for your quick feedback.
Please tell me is it advisable to pregnant with back pain problem. Any adverse effect due to back pain??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
During pregnancy, you might have worsening of your back problems.
Was your previous delivery normal or a C section ?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj