• question-icon

What does my MRI scan test result indicate?

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello Doctor,
My age is 29, I work in the computer for more than 12 hours. Few days back, i fell down after getting up from my chair while doing a light stretching (this was my the second time). My MRI showed bright signal involving both periventricular region, corona radiata and centrum semiovale (unidentified bright objects / migrainous bright object). Is this common?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload your MRI film/CD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I understand your concerns and I would surely like to guide you at best,in this regard,however,for the same I need to have a look at the appearance of lesions in MRI.
If its possible,please upload your MRI CD or good quality pictures of your MRI films .You can upload the MRI CD on google drive and share the link here in the follow-up query so that I can download it and view it with my .dicom viewer.

Further,please tell the following details-
1)Do you have any other medical history in the past?Any other disease history?
2)Are you a smoker/any other addictions?
3)Is there a history of severe head injury in the past?

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with the details.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 55 minutes later
Hello Doctor, I don't have films in digital format.

I had bone tuberculosis few years back and got cured after taking one year of medicine.

My cholesterol count and pressure count are normal as per the latest whole body check done in March 2016.

No sir. I don't have those habits.

No sir.

Since i work in computer, i get headaches sometimes. I have 1.75 power (difficult to see objects that are far) in eyes.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep observing for now.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

I hope you could arrange the images somehow.Anyway, with your clinical history in consideration,nothing active has to be done at present.Just keep observing yourself and if any focal neurological symptom arise in future-like paralysis,facial deviation,abnormal eye movements,loss of vision(take a note that headache is not a focal neurological symptom)-then get a repeat MRI done.These changes can be normally seen in some persons without causing any health hazard.We'll just have to take care that these are not pathological(as in demyelinating disorders like Multiple sclerosis).So,observation and repeat MRI is,the plan for the future.

Hope that I have answered your query.If you have some further queries,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist