What does my MRI scan test report indicate?
MRI right forefoot/midfoot 3/26/2016.
INDICATION: Nondisplaced fracture of fifth metatarsal bone. Injury.
TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar and multisequential MR imaging of the right forefoot
and midfoot was performed without contrast.
There is mild bone marrow edema along the dorsal aspect of the second
metatarsal base with adjacent subcutaneous tissue edema (series 7, image 16).
There is no MR evidence for fracture or dislocation. There is an unremarkable
MR appearance of the fifth metatarsal bone. Mild first metatarsophalangeal
joint osteoarthrosis is noted. There is no significant joint effusion. There
is no MR evidence for intermetatarsal bursitis. A well-defined intact Lisfranc
ligament is not visualized, and there is T2 hyperintense signal in the
expected region of the Lisfranc ligament. The visualized musculature
demonstrates age-appropriate signal and volume. No retracted tendon tear is
identified. There is no MR evidence for tenosynovitis.
1. Nonspecific mild bone marrow edema along the dorsal aspect of the second
metatarsal base with adjacent subcutaneous tissue edema.
2. Signal abnormality at the expected course of the Lisfranc ligament without
a visualized intact ligament.
There is slight traumatic injury to the second toe bone in mid foot area
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your wuery in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. There is a small swelling in a bone of the second toe in the mid foot region. There is however no frature noted. There is swelling in the tissues around it.
2. A ligament connecting the base of the second toe bone is not clearly visualized and this is probably due to trauma to the mid foot region.
3. In conclusion, there is slight injury to the second toe in the mid foot region causing swelling in the bone and injury to the adjacent ligament. This will heal by medical treatment and is not a serious problem.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did mri scan of brain what does the report say
- What do mri scans show
- What do mri scans detect
- What does my mri scan report mean
- Mri scan on hand what to expect
- Had mri scan what are the findings in the report
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Mri scan what to expect
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...