• question-icon

What does my MRI scan test report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Can any radiolgist be able to read my mri.

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please share MRI scan pictures download link and give clinical information

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. I can help you with reading your MRI scan.

2. Please upload the MRI scan images available in the CD DVD on any file sharing website like dropbox or google drive and send me the download link.

3. Please include a short detail containing your clinical history and any diagnosis made by your doctor. You can include yout report or old scan if available.

Waiting for an update from your end.

Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 15 minutes later
Here is the dropbox link to the mri that was from the cd they gave me.
I have pain radiating on my left shoulder/arm and left lat area below the rear delts.
Also i feel area on the very low thoracic area/upper lumbar, im not quite sure if it is the throacic or upper lumbar, that messes me up. an xray showed osteophites, but dont know if any of them are poking at nerve or something, but i have episodes of these pains from time to time. seems i feel better when slow walking, but standing still, causes pain symtoms after a few minutes,

https://www.YYYYY.com/s/tr7YYYYYY/mri.zip?dl=0
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No observable causes for pain found in cervical and thoracic MRI scans

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back with an update.

1. I have seen through the images after downloading. It contains MRI cervical spine and thoracic spine pictures.

2. The cervical spine is looking normal and there is no disc problems and the nerve roots are not under any pressure. The spinal cord is normal.

3. The thoracic spine shows small osteophytes in the lower level (will be well seen on x ray) but this has nothing to do the pain you have written about. The thoracic discs are normal and no pinching of nerve roots is seen. The thoracic spinal cord is normal.

Your symptoms include mid to low back ache more when you are standing for some time and relieved by walking. There is no observable cause in the thoracic MRI which points to any condition causing your pain.

Sometimes a pain in the back can be from muscle strain which is not always seen on MRI scan.

I would like to clarify if you are having symptoms of sciatica which usually is more when standing and relieved by walking. In this condition, the pain starts in the lower back and goes down through the buttocks and in the leg. I am not sure if your pain is shooting down the lower back and leg, in which case a lumbar spine MRI scan is required.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Follow up: Dr. Vivek Chail 5 minutes later
The pain shoots up to left shoulder and left lat wrapping around to chest
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Other cause for wrapping pain in chest radiating to shoulder to be searched

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.

If not for causes in the spine, there can be other reasons for your pain including the following

1. Any cardiac condition can cause a pain wrapping around the chest and radiating to left shoulder. This is usually more intense after physical activity.

2. Pain from acidity causes pain which can radiate to left shoulder. In the chest it causes a retrosternal burning pain. This pain is related to food and is more frequent when you skip meals.

3. There is a condition called costochondritis which is inflammation of cartilage in the front of chest. This causes sharp pain and can get referred to shoulder. This pain is disturbing and low intensity often staying for weeks.

In conclusion, your pain requires detailed clinical examination and might not be originating in the spine. I request you to have a detailed discussion with your doctor.

Hope your query is answered.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist