What does my MRI scan test report indicate?

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: inHi Doctor,
MRI result tells me that there is a Diffuse dic bulge at L3-L4 indenting the thecal sac with bilateral foraminal encroachment. Diffuse disc bulge with a small central based protrusion at L4-L5 level indenting the thecal sac. Please help.
I suffer pain in my hip bones and also the lower back. The pain is not very intensive but still i have pain and its there since last 2 years. Please suggest me any medicine or exercise which would permanently solve my problem.
My age is 27 and i am an working professional.
Thanks
xxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery at some point can offer permanent cure.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

I have gone through your query in detail.

The changes at the level of L4-L4 seem to show imminent compression of the spinal cord.

Exercises at times can worsen such compression.

Oral tablets of MATILDA ER -Vitamin B12 can prevent irreversible nerve compression.Please check with your physician if he can prescribe the same to you.

It is best to get surgery at the earliest after periodical monitoring of compressive changes.

It is best to consult a neurosurgeon for expert opinion on surgery.

This is a progressive disease.

Vitamin D prophylaxis can be continued.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T