What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Lump
Question: Sept. 2016
I had am MRI on my Pancreas with contrast. Results Stable pancreatic cystic lesions measuring 6mm in the pancreatic head. These are nonspecific, but may represent pseudocysts in the setting of prior pancreatitis or side branch intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms.
Pancreatic head measuring 5mm
Pancreas head/neck measuring 7mm
Pancreatic tail measuring 4mm
Pancreatic tail measuring 5mm
These lesions are unchanged in appearance compared to the prior studies which was done 6months before this one.

My third MRI was don 11-1-17
Stable pancreatic cystic lesions measuring up to 6mm in the pancreatic head. These are nonspecific, but may represent pseudocysts in the setting of prior pancreatitis or side branch intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms . Follow up in 1-2 years.

My question is-Do I wait? Should I see a specialist? What does this all mean.

I forgot to mention that my stomach constantly aches and many times my stomach is upset. Wanting to vomit.

Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems benign condition ,but needs complete details for further comments.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* MRI report is indicative of stable cyst of 6 mm size , when remaining same in
size usually it is of benign ( non cancer type ) nature .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Pain - intensity , severity , radiation if anywhere .
2. Associated fever , weight alterations , appetite changes .
3. Bowel movements okay or not .
4. Past history of pancreatitis needs details .
5. History of smoking , alcoholism .
6. Systemic illness as diabetes or others .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 6 hours later
The pain intensity - Stomach always aches. Get up sick to my stomach.
No fever, I do have weight gain. Bowel this has changed from everyday to every 3dys. No history of pancreatitis. I have never smoked and started drinking occasional yrs ago. No systemic illness. My health is excellent.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* Seems almost benign ( non cancer ) cyst of the pancreas .

* Suggestions at present

- For stomach ache , take utmost precautions for diet with avoidance of oily ,
spicy , dairy fat , non veg , hot beverages , junk foods till possible .
- Regular walking in fresh air , exercises , YOGA will help stomach great .

- For the cyst of pancreas , keep a check through MRI on yearly basis .

Hope this will help you for sure .

Wishing you fine health .
Welcome for any further assistance .

Regards dear take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D