• question-icon

What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Pain Management
Question: Own a home in Idaho & California. I am 70 years young and raised family in Ca. As my heavy construction here paid the bills. But want to move back full time to Garden Valley Idaho ranch. Broke back 2x and last MRI only confirmed the one a few years ago . 1975 was 42 ' drop on broken Crane equiptment.
8 yrs later found myself dropped again to concrete slab from 28 feet. Had epidural,tractions, more therapy then a human should have o endure. Medications of every type. Settled on the one that takes most the pain out and allows me to lead a full,family life. Even tried hypnotherapy 2x. But law keeps me returning to the Ca. Home as can't fill Rx out of state . With the cal. Mandated reduction in opioids last year I still manage to sleep 3 hours or so at a time. Served as Vice President. Lions here, president of H.O.A. Have active life with medication & never abused of had my dog eat my prescription. Just getting old driving 700 miles every month as needed to get Rx. Last winter was brutal. Are there any compassionate doctors or pain management doctors in XXXXXXX area that after trying so many options and refuse anymore epidural ( until 5 years ago was getting them every 2 months) Or electronic gizmos, willing to take a new 70 yr. old patient that can lead a productive full life ( on the back 9 of life) I've had many other injuries over the years and willing to live with a little pain as I do now with medicine but without it is horrible. Thank you XXXXXXX xxxxx
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Integrated pain care

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for your suffering and difficulty getting access the pain care.
At this age I recommend an integrated pain management approach including Rehabilitation, Acupuncture and Massage (Chiropractor) along with low dose opioid course. The therapies should be alternating and briefing. Sometimes we forget the relief by age old HOT WATER MASSAGES, ALTERNATING COLD AND HOT FOMENTATIONS.

I tried to get the following list of 'greatly reviewed' pain care specialist around XXXXXXX ID accepting new patients. Please find the list.

Dr. XXXXXXX Binegar, MD
Pain Care XXXXXXX
301 W Myrtle St XXXXXXX ID 83702
Ph:      (208) 342-8200

Dr XXXXXXX DuBose, MD
IDAHO PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION PA
3551 E XXXXXXX Rd
Meridian, ID 83642
Ph: (208) 884-1333

Certified Acupuncture specialist XXXXXXX Burris, LAC     
Eagle Acupuncture
507 S Fitness Pl Ste 100
Eagle, ID 83616

Hope this info is useful.

Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 47 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
Bless you for your reply. You must understand that I didn't include the facts that L-1 thru 5 & S-1 are a mess. Nature over the past 40 years has built " spurs" and other deformation shown on EMG that I've successfully in a very productive way both socially and with my family. I've also had many ( none my fault) accidents
Due to my line of work Highrises,refineries, and 4 near fatal road accidents. 3 of them " hit & run" he 4th was a drunk driver. I have asbestosis and lost my wife to liver cancer 2 years ago. Now I can move full time to Idaho & plan to continue a productive family oriented life. I've tried acupuncture , hundreds of hours therapy, and more epidural then legally allowed by today's laws. I can make it just fine at my own pace if I stay the course I am currently on. I just don't want to have to drive 700 miles each way back to California every month and don't know any doctors in the XXXXXXX area to go to in pain management without having to endure the years of other treatments. Even tried hypnotherapy . My orthopedic records will bear out all and at the disposal of a new doctor.They won't operate as the odds include being in a wheelchair. I'm just trying to stay in my stableized sitaution . Just thought that this route might save me from Dr. Shopping and time. It upsets me to even talk about it. Don't smoke or drink.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
All the best

Detailed Answer:

I empathize your situation and sorry for the hardened events that took in your life.
I really hope these new list of doctors, especially one of the first two, who are accepting new patients highly reviewed by the fellow members are true and caring.

Thank you for opportunity and let me know if you need any empathetic ear.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam