• question-icon

What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: hi i had report from my mri on my kidney following a car crash i was wondering if you could put in to simper term AND only had pains in back from day after crash would thgis be caused from crash
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Findings are not very serious.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Findings are not very serious.
Findings indicate the mild fullness of P-C system(pelvicalyceal system) in the right kidney, it may be due to many reasons like full urinary bladder, calculus etc.

The extrarenal pelvis is an anatomical variation.
However, you are advised for an ultrasound of KUB as there is a probable artifact in MRI and it needs to be confirmed by ultrasound.

There are small liver and peritoneal cyst.It is not serious.

MRI spine shows early degenerative changes.
You may need physiotherapy.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist