• question-icon

    What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: hi i had report from my mri on my kidney following a car crash i was wondering if you could put in to simper term AND only had pains in back from day after crash would thgis be caused from crash
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Findings are not very serious.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Findings are not very serious.
Findings indicate the mild fullness of P-C system(pelvicalyceal system) in the right kidney, it may be due to many reasons like full urinary bladder, calculus etc.

The extrarenal pelvis is an anatomical variation.
However, you are advised for an ultrasound of KUB as there is a probable artifact in MRI and it needs to be confirmed by ultrasound.

There are small liver and peritoneal cyst.It is not serious.

MRI spine shows early degenerative changes.
You may need physiotherapy.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Indu Kumar


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 6727 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Urinary bladder

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor;

I'm a male 25 years old; I have some pain just above the penis (groin) with swelling. I went to the hospital and tests showed trace of...

doctor1 MD

Doctor, morning! I am Ian. For a wile now I experience site pain below my stomach, it feels like its above my bladder , erection problems and it...

doctor1 MD

I masterbated today more than 5 times and now I have to push a bit to empty my bladder. This happened before and the doctor said i had mild...

doctor1 MD

Sir, it began with a slight discomfort around lower abdomen, and has not slowly increased into burning sensation on the penis/base of the penis a...

doctor1 MD

I am a 77year old female . Uti have been with me for 40 some years. The start over the back my shoulders, down both arms, into both hands and...

doctor1 MD

What conditions or diseases are associated with blood in the urine, and if needed, what specialty doctor do I need to see?

doctor1 MD

I had an uncomfortable bladder, so I tested first void. It tested positive for nitrite and trace leucocyte. I used a second strip to be sure and...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

148 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Indu Kumar
  • Q - Been sick. Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and...

  • Q - How to get rid of constipation?

  • Q - Intense pains in legs and have a meniscus injury. Having lower body...

  • Q - Alcoholic and type two diabetic. What does the blood result indicate?

  • Q - Smell in urine. Epididymitis attack with pain at the base of penis....

  • Q - Experiencing pain in lower left abdomen. Painful to push and frequent...

  • Q - Noticed spotting after sex. Is this sign of pregnancy?

  • Q - Seem to be having gallbladder attack. Undergone gall bladder removal....

  • Q - Tightness in the testicles and pain in tip of the penis. Underlying cause?

  • Q - Taking statin. Found a small benign liver cyst in CT scan. Are they...