• question-icon

What does my MRI scan report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had prior meniscus tear and surgery... Had an incident where I fell and landed on knees on concrete about a week later. Didn't seek medical treatment. Ten years later, my knees still lock up when I stand still, and it hurts real bad getting up and down. Two years ago knee swelled up , squishy fluid on knee cap, and it still hasn't gone away. My elderly dogs were sick and I was having to get up an down, and on knees to clean their kennels (for two years). This is what started the swelling and pain. Do you think I need an MRI to see if I re-tore my meniscus, or do you think Euflexxa injections would help? Recommendations appreciated----Thank you, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Euflexxa injection is a better option.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the knees specially on getting up and down is likely to be due to osteoarthritic changes in the knees. The pain and swelling will decrease with mild pain killers anti inflammatory medicines and a hot compress. Using a knee brace will also help.
MRI scan will only help in confirming the diagnosis but the treatment is Euflexxa injections.
Life style modifications like avoiding sitting cross legged, squatting, using XXXXXXX type toilets will decrease the rate of progression of osteoarthritis. Exercises like quadriceps strengthening, swimming, straight leg raising will help in improving the muscle strength around the knee and will help in decreasing pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Just wanted to say THANK YOU !
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon